Delicious Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Feb. 22, 2018
These cookies were born from a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe that I botched. Through a lot of modification, and a lot of added coconut, the most delicious coconut chocolate chip cookies ever came into existence. This recipe can easily be modified to be non-vegan.
First step is to gather your ingredients. You'll need 2/3 C of coconut oil, 2/3 C vegan granulated sugar, 2/3 C packed vegan brown sugar, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 2 TSP vanilla extract, 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour, 1 TSP baking soda, 1 TSP baking powder, 1/2 TSP salt, 1/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut, and 3/4 C vegan semisweet chocolate chips. You'll start by preheating the oven. Then combinine the coconut oil, sugar, and brown sugar. Once mixed, you'll add in the coconut milk and vanilla. Stir well.
Then slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until no flour remains in the bowl and dough has formed. Then, add in the coconut, followed by the chocolate chips. Then scoop into happy little dough balls and bake at 350 F for 12-14 minutes (full ingredient list and recipe list at the bottom of blog).
- 2/3 C coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 C vegan granulated sugar
- 2/3 C packed vegan brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 TSP vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 C vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine and stir coconut oil and both sugars until well mixed.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well until dough forms.
- Stir in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes before relocating them to cooling racks.